We all love our kids. Pediatric Dentistry Arlington, Gentle, Painless, Friendly Dentist. Kids Dentist in Arlington, FREE Consultation & Flexible Payments Call now at (817) 462-0007.
Pediatric dentistry or kid’s dentistry is a specialty of dentistry which deals with oral health of children. Children need special attention and handling, in both physical and oral health. A dentist must have specific training and certification in addition to a basic degree in dentistry in order to be a kid’s dentist. At All Dental in Arlington TX, our dental team is fully trained and experienced in looking after your child’s dental health.
Do babies need to see a kid’s dentist in Arlington TX? At what age?
The American Academy of Pediatric dentists (AAPD) and also the American Dental Association (ADA), both recommend that a baby should visit a dentist within six months of the eruption of the first tooth. This roughly coincides with the first birthday of the baby. This visit should be followed by routine visits to ensure that the baby maintains an optimal oral health and remains healthy.
Why does a baby need the Kid’s dentist in Arlington TX so early?
This is a very good question the answer to which all young parents must know. The answer may even surprise you! Baby teeth are already in existence under the gums before a baby is born. Only, they start coming out later in life. The first milk tooth usually erupts around six months of age when the baby is getting ready to start eating solid food. So in order for your baby to chew and digest food properly, you must take your child to the dentist as soon as the first tooth erupts.
What services does Kids dentistry at All Dental in Arlington TX include?
Kids dentistry facilities offered at major clinics like at All Dental, Arlington, include the following types:
- Preventive Pediatric Services at All Dental, TX – the operative branch of pediatric dentistry Arlington includes:
- Thorough oral examination to detect any signs of abnormality or of early disease
- Treatment for any conditions observed or anticipated.
As an example, symptoms of early tooth decay (also called early childhood caries or ECC) are detected, the dentist could give a fluoride treatment. All Dental at Arlington, Texas, has all the facilities for operative pediatric dentistry Arlington.
- Advisory Services at All Dental, TX – it involves providing advice to the parents regarding the best practices to take care of their child’s oral health
- General and Dietary Advice –on how best to protect the dental health of your child. This will include education on brushing and flossing routine (BSR), significance of fluoride, and on dietary needs of the baby.
- Dental Examination Results – any observations during the dental examination of your bay will be shared with you along with advice on what the parents are expected to do. Preventive advice– will include advice on how to prevent problems of oral health.
- Parafunctional Dental Habits – habits like pacifier, thumb, or finger sucking; their possible effects, and ways of prevention will be discussed. These habits can cause one or more of: misalignment of teeth, open bite, temporomandibular joint disorder, etc.
- Teething Advice – Teething period is a difficult period for the babies as well as their parents. Your dentist will give you expert advice on how to cope with teething difficulties.
- Pit and Fissure Sealants – dental sealants a part of the pediatric dental treatment. Sealant protect children’s teeth against caries. These are very thin plastic coverings placed onto molars of children to avoid food sticking. Best quality sealants are provided at All dental, Arlington, Texas.
- Treating Dental Injuries – Children can sustain dental injuries while playing. Pediatric dentists at All Dental will not only treat these but try to ensure no effects or marks are left.
Baby Teeth Get Replaced with Permanent Teeth. Why Care for them?
This is a logical question. But the fact is baby teeth will fallout gradually, and permanent teeth erupt in the sockets that are vacated by the milk teeth. Any defect in a socket’s orientation and alignment will be inherited by the permanent tooth erupting in that socket. Also, any untreated disease developed by a temporary tooth will be passed on to any permanent teeth adjacent to it. Temporary teeth also act as placeholders. If you lose one or more of these neighboring teeth may move inwards to occupy space.
Baby teeth also have an indirect benefit: they permit training a baby in oral hygiene, eg, regular brushing. Habits are easier developed at a young age.
Where to go for best pediatric dentistry services in Arlington?
If you are located around Arlington, Texas, your best bet is, of course, All Dental Arlington. Why? Because we provide the best pediatric dental treatment services to your children at affordable rates.